One of my favorite parts of this season has to be the produce! We have a hard time growing produce in this climate... (it doesn't get hot enough) so several of the farmers from Eugene and surrounding areas bring their yummy produce and sell it on the side of the road. I LOVE it. I have become good friends with two of the farmers that come. We have loved all the food. This year I have tried many things that I haven't in the past... I made and storedCOOKED blackberry jam, Frozen blackberry huckleberry jam, strawberry jam, Raspberry Jam
Pear butter
Green Chili sauce
dried pears
Pesto
Huckleberry Syrup
Huckleberry Syrup
Fruit leather
Blueberry pie
and of course cobbler with a variety of fruit
Wow, it is even crazy to realize that I have picked all the blackberries, huckleberries, blueberries, strawberries, and Raspberries. I love wild berries, and the U-pick farms.. good thing my kids love the adventures too.
Okay, this is funny... One of my friends from dental school... Nancy had a baby in February one year, and they went to the grocery store and took these ADORABLE pictures in the middle of all the Valentines day cookies. She was asleep and darling. I thought that I could make a cute picture with Afton in the middle of the produce and do a scrapbook page about how eventful the fall harvest was. Obviously she didn't like the idea!
No comments:
Post a Comment