Sunday, January 18, 2009

Lack of Blogging

Okay I am going to explain the REAL reason for lack of blogging. WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!! Here is the story: Once upon a time Erin fell in love with Hidden potential on HGTV. As Justin moved our family to a small retirement community the house of Erin's dreams was not to be seen. (or at least under a million dollars) Erin looked and looked at neighborhoods, and different homes. She finally found one on the internet that was the right size for this growing young family. When she went running to find it, the pictures on the internet were not right, how could this be? Then internet was always right! After calling, she learned of the exact location and reason for no sign... it was a foreclosure. She looked and looked at it over several months, loving the location more and more. One weekend the price dropped again, this time it was time to find a way to get inside and see if it was worth all the hassel.

After calling, no one would let her in, so her incredibly smart and gadget oriented 3 year old opened the lock box and brought her the keys. Once inside, there was no smell of smoke, just old house, and TONS of HIDDEN POTENTIAL. All weekend they prayed and felt good that this was the house to raise the itty bitty children. On Monday, the bold call was made to find out how to place an offer on the house. Their dreams of raising itty bitties in the home was shattered when they learned that there were already two offers.

"No Fear" says Justin as he decides that we should also place an offer on this diamond in the rough. So the young couple decides to place an offer on this FORECLOSURE with potential, only to find that the house was won by the highest bidder.

As the weeks wore on, and the sad news dwelled in their hearts for the loss of this home, they found ways to get amazing loans for Dr.'s (thank you Bank of America). They also continued to save money and enjoy the hunt for another diamond in the rough.

One week the phone rang, and to much of their suprize it was not a telemarketer, it was actually the real estate agent calling to tell them that the other offer fell through. They rejoiced with great excitement and quickly placed another offer. After bartering multiple times, the bank finally relented to this poor young couple, giving them the diamond in the rough at a price they can afford.

Now this young couple has owned the house for a short time, you may recognize them by their terrible smell, large blisters, and paint in their hair. They are smiling from ear to ear with excitement for this adventure and uncovering the diamond.

More to come, as the adventure continues.

10 comments:

skcoe said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Something really similar happened to us recently, offering on a home that already had offers and winning out over fallen deals and others waiting in line.

I can't wait to see lots of before and after pictures...good for you guys!

AJ said...

Pics or it didn't happen.

Joe, D.D.S. said...

I was certain that after reading this long post there was going to be a picture. I'm as disappointed as you guys were when you found out you couldn't get the house. You are going to make us wait aren't you! Congrats.

Starley Family said...

Wow! What a fun Christmas season you guys had! I love the lightening glass you found...I have been intrigued to find some myself. I am glad you guys were able to see Brett. We were really lame and missed seeing him one night when he was just a couple blocks away on Halloween and then our schedules didn't work for later. Did you guys get to see Katy too or was that a different time? I am always interested to know what everybody is doing how the kids are growing and changing, it's nice to know you guys are doing so well. Lol, Stace

Ted and Hilery said...

How exciting! Congrats. You will have to post before and after photos. We love working on our house, it really makes the house seem like your own and it is fun to dream, plan and then get it done.
Your boys are as cute as always!

Debbie said...

It's nice to know you're still alive and busy out there. I agree with everyone else -- it's time for some pictures!

Cherise said...

Matt and I are reading your entry and wondering where the pictures are? You can't talk about buying a house that is a diamond in the rough and not give us a preview... We will be waiting. Congrats, though. I am excited for you. Even if it is 2,000 miles from us.

Marisa Jean said...

What a great story! It gives me hope too because we've been looking for about a year and nothing seems to quite fit what we need or want. I guess there's a reason for everything. Looking forward to to pictures of this "diamond in the rough."

Wendy Lady said...

What an awesome story! I can't wait to see the pictures ... before, during, and AFTER. I'm so glad everything worked out for you.

Unknown said...

I don't know how I missed this post for so long but CONGRATS! I know that's a huge deal. Layne's mom keeps saying that when we find the right house we'll just know it - looks like that's true! Oh, and I LOVE how Camden helped you out with the lock box - that is too funny!